Calendar of Events
Find out what's happening in Parliament ...
The House of Representatives adjourned to Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 2 p.m. at Gordon House.
- Debate to continue on the Bill shortly entitled, “The Building Act, 2017”
- Debate to continue on the Bill shortly entitled, “The Major Organised Crime and Anti-corruption Agency Act, 2017”
- Debate to continue on the Bill shortly entitled, “The National Heroes and Other Freedom Fighters (Absolution from Criminal Liability in Respect of Specified Events) Act, 2017”
State of the Constituency Debate
Presentations by the following Members:
· Hon. Delroy Chuck, M.P.
· Mr. Horace Dalley, CD, M.P.
· Dr. Dayton Campbell, M.P.
The Infrastructure and Physical Development Committee of the House of Representatives is currently considering the Construction Industry Policy of Jamaica (CIPJ). The Committee is inviting written submissions from the public to aid in its deliberations.
Please send your written submissions by MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2017 to:
Clerk to the Houses
81 Duke Street
Persons making submissions may be required to appear before the Committee at short notice to explain their submissions.
Please click here to download a copy of the Construction Industry Policy of Jamaica (CIPJ)
Please click on the links below to view/download the various submissions that were sent to the Joint Select Committee looking at the Sexual Offences Act and other related Acts..
- Submission - United Nations Jamaica Branch.
- Submission - Office of Children's Advocate
- Submission - Jamaica Family Planning Association
- Submission - Jamaica Community of Positive Women (JCW+)
- Submission - Child Development Agency
- Submission - Centre For Investigation Of Sexual Offences & Child Abuse (CISOCA)
- Submission - The Association of Women's Organization in Jamaica
- Submission - SISTREN Theatre Collective
- Submission - The Marcus Garvey Research Institute
- Submission - Jamaica AIDS Support for Life
- Submission - Jamaicans for Justice
- Submission - People's National Party Women's Movement
- Submission - Ms. Jodi Ho Lung
- Submission - Collective Civil Society